This instruction will guide you on how to replace the sliding plates. This instruction could also be used if you need to scrape you sliding plates or check the condition.
Sliding plates are a wear part that needs to be replaced when symptoms occur. For how long one pair of sliding plates last is all individual for each EVO Cleaner. It all depends on how heavy effected the telescope is in each program and how often the robot washes.
Necessary equipments: One PH3 screwdriver and one smaller screwdriver.
1. Start the robot.
2. Take off the left side cover of the boom.
3.Locate the current sliding plates.
4.The outer narrower sliding plate is mounted with two screws underneath and the wider sliding plate is mounted with four screws underneath.
5. Remove the screws on one sliding plate first. Make sure that you don’t lose any spring washers. If we don’t use spring washers, the screw will go through the sliding plate and hit the sliding rail directly.
6. Lift the telescopes sliding rail so you release some pressure against the sliding plate as you simultaneously take the smaller screwdriver in one of the screw holes underneath and tries to push the sliding plate outwards until you can grab it. If you dismount the side plates you can also get a hook of any kind and pull the plate out from behind.
7. Mount the new sliding plate with wax. The track with the wax must be up against the sliding rail and outwards, towards the arm so to say.
8. Mount the screws. Lift the sliding rail again, so we have as much space as possible and it even helps to match up the screw with the screw holes.
The threads are plastic and can easily break. Do not screw too tight.
9. Now take the other sliding plate.
10. Repeat step 5. 6. 7. and 8.
11. Put the cover back on the boom.